Campaign / Marketing Manager
About the candidate
Alistair is a CIM-qualified, Senior Marketing Professional with 12 years of multi-industry B2C/B2B marketing experience across the financial services, education, hospitality, retail & tourism sectors. Adept at campaign development & delivery, digital & traditional marketing, social media & public relations, managing budgets and delivering commercial results.
- Adobe Analytics
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Facebook (Meta) Ads manager platforms.
- SEM &SEO –understanding of search engine marketing and search optimisation techniques.
- Drive –a motivated self-starter, happy in a team as well as working alone.
- Communication –strong and effective communication, networking and presentation skills.
- Stakeholder management –experienced at managing internal and external stakeholders at all levels, from associates to board members.
- Briefing teams –well versed in outlining requests and setting requirements of others so the ask is thoroughly understood and measures of success are clear.
- Operating models – setting ways of working and assessing business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Financial, numerical and analytical skills –variance analysis and interrogating marketing and website data to identify patterns or emerging trends and evaluate performance to agreed KPIs.
- Budget management –experienced at developing & managing budgets and planning spending based on key business and marketing priorities.
- Commercial awareness –able to easily understand and work according to the commercial aspects of businesses, maximising profit and return on spend.
- Project management –experienced in planning, organizing, managing and delivering on multiple and simultaneously running projects, prioritizing deliverables and organizing delivery to deadlines.
- Analysis & evaluation –experienced at evaluating the success of marketing initiatives, recommending improvements in simple, easy-to-follow formats and implementing key learnings.
- Customer journey mapping –strong understanding of customer journeys, including mapping points where awareness is realised
- Proposition development –experienced in leveraging data and insight to understand audience mindsets and formulate product value propositions that meet target audience needs.
- Brand development & application –experienced at identifying what a brand’s purpose is, establishing positioning & guidelines, and ensuring campaigns are aligned to brand strategy.
- Marketing channels–thorough knowledge of digital and off line marketing channels, targeting capabilities, message formats and best practice.
- Social media –experienced at overseeing businesses social media channels, implementing content strategies, planning & delivering content to engage audiences and attract more followers.
- Marketing systems –experienced with Adobe Analytics & Google Analytics website analytic tools; WordPress & Drupal website CMS; and MailJet, MailChip and DotDigital email service provider platforms to build lists & build and send emails. Experienced with Google Ads, Taboola, LinkedIn and Facebook (Meta) Ads manager platforms.
- SEM & SEO –understanding of search engine marketing and search optimisation techniques.
- Financial services –experienced with marketing in the highly regulated financial services retail banking and investments markets with understanding of FCA financial promotion requirements.